2 pounds Crow Butte single-animal ground beef
1/2 onion; diced
1/2 pound lasagna noodles (9 noodles); cooked and drained
1 and 1/2 jar Prego spaghetti sauce (24 oz)
4 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1 16 ounce container of low-fat cottage cheese
3/4 pkg shredded parmesan cheese
1. Cook and stir ground beef in medium skillet until no pink remains.
2. Add diced onion to ground beef mixture. Cook and stir until onion is translucent in color. 3. Add Prego spaghetti sauce to ground beef/onion mixture. Cook on LOW heat until heated through; for 5-7 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, mix the egg, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese together. Divide in thirds.
5. In a 9x13 pan, spread a spoonful of sauce/ground beef mixture on the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.
6. Place three cooked lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan.
7. Spread 1/3 of of the ground beef/sauce mixture on top of the noodles.
8. Spread 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture on top of the meat.
9. Repeat steps 6-8 two more times.
10. Top with remaining 2 cups on mozzarella cheese.
11. COVER and bake at 350 for one hour.
12. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
13. Cut into squares and ENJOY!