1 pound Crow Butte ground beef
6 bell peppers (mix and match with colors!)
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes, 14 1/2 ounces
1/2 cup rice, uncooked
1 1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 1/2 cups marinara sauce (your choice)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut the tops off the peppers, remove seeds and wash peppers.
3. You can chop the tops of the peppers to use in the filling if you wish.
4. In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain fat.
5. Return skillet to stove. Stir in the diced tomatoes with juice, rice, 1 1/4 cup water, diced pepper tops, Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning.
6. Bring mixture to a simmer, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in 1/2 cup marinara sauce.
7. Place 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Fill each pepper with ground beef mixture and spoon remaining marinara sauce over the peppers.
8. Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes. Remove foil, top with cheddar cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are tender.