1 lb Crow Butte ground beef
1 diced yellow onion
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
3 cups chicken broth
3 cups half and half
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cups diced potatoes or frozen potatoes or hashbrowns
1 cup sliced carrots
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. In large soup pot or Dutch oven, brown ground beef over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain fat.
2. Place beef back on burner and add the diced onion to the beef.
3. Once the onions cooked, add butter to the mixture. Stir.
4. Once butter is melted, add flour and stir.
5. Continue to cook and stir the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the chicken broth and whisk until a thick mixture forms.
7. Add the half and half and whisk well.
8. Add the garlic powder, onion powder and pepper to the pot and whisk well.
9. Add potatoes and carrots and reduce heat to low once it begins to simmer.
10. Let simmer on low until potatoes and carrots are fork tender.
11. Add cheese and stir until melted.
12. Serve immediately and top with extra cheese!